Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Little Black Jacket

After studying fashion journalism for more than a month now I decided to make the most of living near London and visited the Saatchi Gallery to see The Little Black Jacket Chanel exhibition with my friend. When we arrived at the gallery which is set in the beautiful gardens of Chelsea I knew we were going to have a good day, especially when we were allowed to take photos inside the exhibit. The photography was simple yet charismatic, the models all of which were celebrities, models, actors and actresses revisited the versatility of the classic Chanel black jacket and brought to life the essence of Chanel. While walking around admiring the photos I started to wonder how long it took Karl Lagerfield to create this exhibition and how he decided who to photograph.
 
Once seeing the exhibition we decided to venture to Camden. Having not been there in ages I forgot how cheap and different the town is to the rest of London. Wandering through the market stalls with my senses filled with the smell of Chinese food and incense it was a perfect end to my day especially when my craving for Chinese food got fulfilled as I sat eating a mound of noodles and chicken by the lock. Its times like this when I'm glad I live so close to London and the abundance of style it cultivates- from Chelsea and classic Chanel to Camden and quirky finds you'll always find style.
My day can only be summarized by the famous Chanel quote: "Fashion fades, only style remains the same."


 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment